Skip to content Skip to navigation
Get Further Faster with Six or Eight-Week Courses

Non-UC Student

UC Merced students studying

You are considered a non-UC student if you:

  • Are 18 years of age or older;
  • Previously graduated from UC Merced;
  • Filed to graduate from UC Merced in Spring 2021;
  • Have never been admitted to UC Merced or another UC campus;
  • Are a member of the general public;
  • Previously attended Summer Session only at UC Merced; or
  • Are visiting from a non-UC college or institution without a college degree

Non-UC students will want to meet with their academic advisors at their home institutions before registering to discuss summer plans of study. It is each student's responsibility to make sure that the courses he or she enrolls in will apply to degree requirements. Students who wish to take courses with prerequisites are advised to email before registration in order to have prerequisite overrides placed (upper-division courses numbered 100-199 will require unofficial transcripts for verification). 

Apply Now!

To apply, please submit an application. Information regarding a student's UC Merced Student ID#, UCM Net ID and LDAP password will be issued via email. Please allow at a minimum five business days to receive this email. Once proper instruction is received, visit MyRegistration to enroll in your desired coursework. 

Application Deadlines:

  • Session A and Session D - May 10, 2021
  • Session B - June 7, 2021
  • Session C - June 21, 2021

Please keep in mind that fees will be due by May 17, 2021. If you register after May 17, 2021, fees for Session B AND Session C will be due on June 14, 2021.

Failure to pay fees on time may result in being dropped from your courses.

If you require financial assistance, please contact your home campus's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.

CatCard Fee (Visiting Students Only)

A $20 fee is required (pay at the Cashier's Office only) to get your UC Merced CatCard. You may pick up your CatCard in the CatCard Office, located near the Students First Center.

Please visit the CatCard office (Kolligian Library, Room 111A) to have your picture taken and to receive your CatCard.

For assistance with registration, please visit the Office of the Registrar's Registration Help Page