You are considered a non-UC student if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older;
- Previously graduated from UC Merced;
- Filed to graduate from UC Merced in Spring 2023;
- Have never been admitted to UC Merced or another UC campus;
- Are a member of the general public;
- Previously attended Summer Session only at UC Merced; or
- Are visiting from a non-UC college or institution without a college degree
Non-UC students will want to meet with their academic advisors at their home institutions before registering to discuss summer plans of study. It is each student's responsibility to make sure that the courses they enroll in will apply to degree requirements. Students who wish to take courses with prerequisites are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org before registration in order to have prerequisite overrides placed (upper-division courses numbered 100-199 will require unofficial transcripts for verification).
To apply, please submit an application. Information regarding a student's UC Merced Student ID#, UCM Net ID and LDAP password will be issued via email. Please allow seven (7) business days to receive this email. Once the email is received and instructions are followed, visit MyRegistration to enroll in your desired coursework.
- Session A and D - May 8, 2023
- Session B - June 5, 2023
- Session C - June 20, 2023
Please consult the Important Deadlines page so you are aware of the fee payment deadlines for your courses.
Failure to pay fees on time may result in being dropped from your courses.
If you require financial assistance, please contact your home campus's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
CatCard Fee (Visiting Students Only)
A $20 fee is required (pay at the Cashier's Office only) to get your UC Merced CatCard. You may pick up your CatCard in the CatCard Office, located near the Students First Center.
For assistance with registration, please visit the Office of the Registrar's Registration Help Page.