SUMMER SESSION FAQS
Summer Session provides both online and fillable PDFs due to the move for remote instruction and student support. Students can download the forms needed, complete them and email them out for approval via their UC Merced email. Students are responsible for sending forms out via email and for submitting them to Students First Center for processing when required. No wet signatures are required--effective immediately we are accepting approval via your @ucmerced.edu email address. We will also accept email approval from your faculty member. No need for you or your faculty member to sign the form.
- Unit fees remain $419 per unit for undergraduate and $561 for graduate courses. Fees may be changed at the direction of the Regents of the University of California.
- All summer students are responsible for paying Campus-Based Fees regardless of the mode of instruction.
- If you need campus housing, apply ASAP!
- The Financial Aid application remains open. You must be enrolled in at least six (6) units to apply for financial aid at UC Merced.
- Have questions about understanding your bill? Try our helpful videos.
- Want to learn more about how financial aid is applied to your account? Visit: Financial Aid - Disbursement
- If your authorized aid is less than expected, please review your checklist to ensure you have completed all financial aid requirements. Contact the Students First Center for assistance only after reviewing your checklist and completing any outstanding financial aid requirements.
- Need help? Contact the Students First Center.
- TIP: visit the Students First Center before the end of the spring semester to ensure you are prepared for summer session.
- Summer Session includes face-to-face and online courses. Please check the schedule of classes to confirm course modality and meetings.
- Basic Technology Needs for Students
- A laptop or computer
- A webcam (if not already built into your computer or laptop)
- Reliable access to the internet
- Continuing UC Merced students looking to get ahead or stay on track
- Incoming UC Merced first-year or transfer students who want a jump start on their academic career and transition into university life
- Non-UC college students looking for a hard-to-find course while at home for the summer
- Non-Continuing UC Merced Students or Other UC Students
- High School Students
- UC Employees