How to Apply

Continuing UC Merced Student

  • No application is needed for a continuing UC Merced student.
  • Enroll in classes as you would during the fall or spring semesters.

Non-UC Student
If you are 18 years or older and one of the following, you are considered a non-UC student:

  • Previously graduated from UC Merced
  • Filed to graduate from UC Merced in spring of this year
  • Never admitted to UC Merced or another UC campus
  • Member of the general public
  • Previously attended Summer Session only at UC Merced
  • Visiting from a non-UC college or institution

Non-Continuing UC Merced or Other UC Student
You are considered a non-continuing UC Merced or other UC student if these apply to you:

  • You are a UC student currently enrolled at or admitted for this fall to a UC campus other than UC Merced
  • You are newly admitted to UC Merced for this fall
  • You have withdrawn from UC Merced
  • You have been dismissed from UC Merced*

High School Student
High school students must complete an application to attend UC Merced Summer Session.

UC Employee
Reduction of certain fees in Summer Session is available to UC career employees who have completed their probationary period. The employee must complete and submit an Employee Reduced Fee Enrollment Application including the necessary approvals, in order for the discount to be applied. Fees discounted include: Summer Session Application, Health Services, Student Life, Associated Students, Recreation and Transportation. Summer Session Unit Fees are not discounted. Employee-students will not be eligible for some services, such as those provided by Student Health Services, Recreation and Wellness Center and Counseling and Psychological Services Center.

Contact the Office of Human Resources for more information.

*If you are a student on Academic Dismissal status, your summer courses at UC Merced are not guaranteed to count in your reinstatement review. Check with your academic advisor for further details.