UC Merced Summer Sessions are open to:
1. Students of all institutions of higher learning or continuing education.
2. Graduates of secondary schools.
3. High school students who have completed their sophomore year and have been recommended as capable of handling freshman introductory courses in the university. These students should submit a letter on school letterhead to the Office of Summer Sessions from their high school principal stating their GPA and qualifications to take certain courses being offered. The principal should also certify that these students have completed their sophomore year in high school.
4. Persons over 18 years of age who have sufficient maturity and aptitude for the work they intend to undertake.
5. UC Merced Graduate Students
Admission to Summer Sessions is a separate procedure from admission as a degree candidate and does not guarantee or imply admission to UC Merced. Students planning to submit courses taken in Summer Sessions to satisfy requirements for admission to other terms on the UC Merced campus should contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office.